Sunday, September 12, 2010

Biology Begins!

When I first heard that I was going to be taking biology, I thought that we were going to be learning about animal’s insides.  Now that school has begun, I know that it’s a bit different but I am still very excited about the things that we are going to learn this year.  It is going to be interesting to learn about what cells, genes, and molecules do and the ways they make our bodies work.  Genes sound especially fascinating and I think it would be cool to know how they work.  I also am excited to learn about how new information that is being discovered about these things is helping to prevent and treat diseases.  I think that web tools are going to be very helpful in learning and discussing this information.  Glogster is a fantastic fun-to-use tool that I think will be very useful because it allows one to create a poster that may include videos and other web content.  It is a great way to show a variety of formats of information of a subject.  This course sounds very interesting and I can’t wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like glogster; it is one of my favorite tools as well. Maybe you can make a really cool glog on animal insides.... I'm gad you're excited to learn more about biology!

    ReplyDelete